Our Investigations, Compliance &White Collar Team represents individuals and corporations in a broad range of government investigations and state and federal criminal and civil proceedings.
Areas of emphasis include:
- White-collar criminal and civil defense from investigation through trial,
- Internal investigations and audits triggered by regulatory enforcement actions,
- Investigations to assess regulatory compliance, and
- Compliance programs to address newly promulgated regulations.
The members of our team frequently appear before courts and agencies throughout the country in a wide variety of matters and at all stages of proceedings. We represent subjects and targets of investigations and prosecutions, as well as witnesses in matters involving allegations of:
- Health care and other government program and procurement fraud,
- Tax evasion,
- Improper payments to foreign governments,
- Computer crime,
- Money laundering,
- Bank and bankruptcy fraud,
- Unfair or deceptive trade practices,
- Securities fraud,
- Mail and wire fraud, and
- Prescription drug diversion and related record-keeping failures.
An effective white-collar practice requires collaboration with attorneys in many different fields. Our ability to draw from related experiences in taxation, immigration, securities, health care and civil litigation permit us to assemble a powerful defense team, often led by former federal and state prosecutors and regulators. Indeed, the group has been highly ranked in the U.S. News and Best Lawyers annual “Best Law Firms” survey for work defending white-collar matters.
On the regulatory compliance side—both in response to government enforcement action and to proactive and reactive client requests—our attorneys often lead high-stakes internal investigations, fraud and abuse audits, sensitive background investigations, and forensic financial and other analyses. We also have considerable experience designing compliance programs to address claimed shortcomings and “findings” identified by internal or external business operations reviews.
Visit our website for more information.